Moms. Is it even possible to show enough appreciation to the person who gave you life, wiped your tears away, changed your sheets and gave you the best hugs ever? No, it really isn't. However, thoughtfulness, not pricey gifts, go a long way. Spending Mother's Day in Mount Dora is the perfect start, and here's some ideas to get you thinking:
1. Mother's Day morning head over to the Village Market, a small lakefront farmers market, with Mom to pick up some fresh baked goods and coffee, then enjoy them in the gazebo on the water's edge.
2. Wild flowers are currently in abundance. Pick her some.
3. Take her on a walk on Lake Gertrude's southern shady shore. She'll love the gardens, lake view and the cool shade.
4. If Mom isn't a nature girl, volunteer to carry her bags as she shops in downtown's quaint shops. For this gesture to be truly appreciated and Mom shouldn't feel rushed. You and Dad can wait patiently on the street benches with a cold drink and never ask how many more stores she's going to visit. Let her stroll and relax, you're just there to carry home the loot. One tip: many shops don't open until 11 or noon on Sundays.
5. Pack a picnic lunch and stroll on the Palm Island boardwalk. There are covered areas to eat along the boardwalk or you can use a picnic table near the Simpson Cover lighthouse.
6. Call a day ahead and have Mom's favorite cupcakes decorated just for her at Cupcake Delights on 4th Avenue or stop in on Mother's Day to treat her to frappe drink and a cupcake.
7. Dinner is the easy part. You can't go wrong whether you choose from any of the amazing local restaurants or Dad fires up the grill. Either way, Mom will be happy just to have more time to relax and reflect on a wonderful day.
For local news and events visit: