SHELTER INFO & LOCATIONS..
To accommodate local residents and an influx of travelers evacuating South Florida, Lake County is opening 13 emergency shelters at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9. Shelter guests are encouraged to bring their IDs for expedited check-in. Nine shelters are pet-friendly.
GENERAL PUBLIC SHELTERS (pet friendly)
GENERAL PUBLIC/ SPECIAL NEEDS SHELTERS (pet friendly)
ADDITIONAL SHELTER LOCATIONS (not pet friendly; not special needs)
· One gallon of water per person and pet for three days
· Non-perishable food and snacks items for three days
· Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
· Prescriptions and emergency medications
· Important personal documents
· Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
· Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
· Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
· Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
· Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
PETS AT SHELTERS
· Pets must be brought to shelters in a carrier or crate that is marked with the owner’s name, address and two phone numbers. Owners must have documentation of up-to-date rabies vaccinations for their pets. Owners are responsible for taking care of their pets. It is recommended pet owners bring all pet supplies, such as food and water, litter and litter box and leash.
· Pet friendly emergency shelters are open only to domestic pets only. No livestock will be admitted. For livestock, it is recommended to safely mark animals and leave them in pastures.
The Citizens Information Line is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and can be reached at 352-253-9999. to sign up for the latest emergency notifications, Click here. For more information about Emergency Management, click here.
For more news and events in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, click here. Find out what's happening locally with just a tap on your phone by downloading the area's free mobile app. Monthly issues of Mount Dora Buzz are available here.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.