Onlookers can pull up a piece of the Tavares lakefront as the Stetson Beach Invitational serves up collegiate beach volleyball this weekend. Hickory Point Beach, Florida’s largest single-site beach volleyball complex featuring 21 courts, will host the event. Historically held at Stetson University, this marks the first year the tournament will be held at the Tavares complex built on Lake Harris in 2014.
This Florida Region of USA volleyball tournament will feature seven beach volleyball teams from across the United States including Stetson University ,Georgia State University, Jacksonville State University, University of New Mexico, Florida Atlantic University, Morehead State University and Lincoln Memorial University.
“ We are looking forward to a great competitive event with teams from all across the country and hope to continue our relationship with the Florida Region and Hickory Point Beach for future events,” said ”Kristina Hernandez, Stetson Volleyball Head Coach.
The tournament is free for the public and the schedule is as follows:
Friday, March 17
· 9 AM: Georgia State vs. Jacksonville State
· 10 AM: New Mexico vs. FAU
· 11 AM: Stetson vs. Morehead State
· 12 PM: Georgia State vs. New Mexico
· 1 PM: FAU vs. Jacksonville State
· 2 PM: Morehead State vs. Georgia State
· 3 PM: Stetson vs. Jacksonville State
· 4 PM: Morehead State vs. New Mexico
Saturday, March 18
· 9 AM: FAU vs. Lincoln Memorial
· 10 AM: Stetson vs. Georgia State
· 11 AM: Jacksonville State vs. New Mexico
· 12 PM: Lincoln Memorial vs. Morehead State
· 1 PM: Georgia State vs. FAU
· 2 PM: Stetson vs. New Mexico
· 3 PM: Jacksonville State vs. Morehead State
· 4 PM: Lincoln Memorial vs. New Mexico
For more events and news in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, download the area's free mobile app. Free subscriptions to the monthly issue of Mount Dora Buzz are available here.
News & Events for
Mount Dora • Tavares • Eustis