- It's Tebow Time in Mount Dora! The former UF quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner, Tim Tebow, spoke at a local benefit for children in need. Read more.
- Epic Theatres had reached an impasse with Mount Dora's Planning & Development Department. An upcoming meeting could provide the remedy to allow construction to begin. Read more.
-The first Mother Earth Festival is April 22-24 at in Mount Dora. The 3-day event will feature music, art and camping under the oaks at Renningers on US 441.
- There's a handful of changes downtown to buzz about. The new owners of Oudom Thai & Sushi have updated the name to JK Thai Garden and added Vietnamese Pho. Around the corner on Donnelly Street, Whispering Winds gift shop will change owners today to very familiar local faces. Mr. Cerbiche, the Peruvian restaurant upstairs in the Renaissance Building recently expanded to accommodate their new beer and wine bar.
- There have been numerous penguin sightings on the south side of Mount Dora over the last few days and apparently the birds will be permanent fixtures. Read more.
- The final festival of the season is the 2nd annual Mount Dora Blueberry Festival. The event promises to be bigger and better in its new lakefront location in Evans Park. Read more.
NEW BUSINESS BUZZ
- Foodies are practicing patience as they await the opening of Shiva, a new Indian Restaurant downtown opened to rave review. Read more.
- Joy Donuts, a new food truck (actually a trailer) offering freshly made donuts in addictive flavors launched with tremendous success last month. If you want to indulge, you better wake up early as these babies sell out fast! Read more.
- Unique Furnishings Boutique, a home decor and gift store located at 3510 CR 19A, is celebrating their grand opening on April 2. Find more local shopping info
- Beginning in May there will be some new entertainment in the area. Painting with a Twist will open a franchise that creates a fun environment for novices to paint and sip their favorite beverages. Read more.
- A handful of small businesses recently opened above Cody's on 4th and The Wow Factory. Sunshine Acupuncture and Wellness opened last month, as didLoft Lumiere, which has make-up artists and a commercial photographer.
Get your monthly issue of Mount Dora Buzz!
- The city is still looking for proposals for businesses for its lakefront building which is perfect for a small restaurant or retail. What Mount Dora Buzz' Facebook page for more details.
- Eustis is celebrating street performers during next month's Downtown Eustis Busking Festival. Read more
- The city will continue seeking business proposals for the lakefront building at Ferran Park. The prime location is ideal for retail or a restaurant.
- After a fire destroyed it last year, Zac's Pressed for Time has re-opened n the the same downtown location. Stop in for fresh biscuits at breakfast or their Mediterranean flatbread for lunch.
- Get your free monthly issue of The Buzz!
- Trying to shop local, but don't know where to start? Here's a shortcut...check the local shopping guide for some of the best shopping in the area. Check back guide regularly as more fabulous finds and local shops are discovered. Happy shopping! Click here to view guide.
Watch Mount Dora Buzz Facebook page for events and news updates throughout the month.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL