- Bears are part of living in Central Florida, A female Florida Black Bear and her cub have been spotted regularly in the Lake Gertrude area. Residents can do a lot to keep themselves and the bears safe. Read more
- August means the Mount Dora Seafood Festival is just around the corner. Now in its third year, the family-friendly event brings tons of seafood, crafts, live entertainment and a pirate village for the kids. Read more For more events happening in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis this month, click here.
- Have you cast your vote? Voting for the Best of Mount Dora 2017 is underway. The deadline for residents to cast their ballot is August 7. Tell us your faves! Read more
- Mount Dora City Council has been spending time attending work sessions for the city's budget and capital improvements. One item being considered is the viability of a new waterfront park that would connect to the Wekiva Bike Trail. Read more
- Speaking of parks...Mount Dora's newest residential development, Dora Parc, is for sale. The 22-acre subdivision launched in 2015 and is best known for the colorful over-sized penguins at its entrance. Read more
- Mount Dora is watching the work in progres of a local artist's interpretation of van Gogh's iconic "Starry Night." The forty-foot wall section is only part of the work a homeowner commissioned on her wall facing Old Highway 441. Read more
- The Valet service that started last month has temporarily ceased operations. The operator expects to resume with reduced hours sometime this fall.
- Lake County Schools resume on August 10, so allow a little extra time to slow down for school zones, crosswalks and school buses.
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- One of downtown Mount Dora's busiest intersections will soon be home to a new restaurant. Piscosour, a restaurant with familiar local roots, has leased the location that was formerly The Lost Parrot. The plan is to have a grand opening for the pubic on September 2. Read more
- Discovering the area's restaurants is now a lot easier. Check out the local dining guide with restaurants in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis to learn what options you may have missed. You might find a new favorite! Read more
- Residents wanted a Farmer's Market in the heart of downtown for ages. Last spring that became a reality when Mount Dora Village Market moved to Sunset Park at 4th Avenue and Alexander. Mount Dora Buzz scoured the market to find the best of the best and shared the results with our readers. Read more
- Want to support local stores, but don't know where to start? The local guide to shopping will help you find what you need. You can also find the guide on the Mount Dora Buzz' complimentary mobile app. Download it here.
For more events happening in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis this month, click here.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL