- Hurricane Matthew was downgraded to a category three hurricane and remained offshore. Central Florida, including Lake County, escaped high sustained winds was spared major damage.
- It's a rite of passage for kids, the day when they are finally big enough to tackle the large corn maze. Long & Scott Farm
is opening their corn maze adventure on October 1 with an expanded maze and tons of familiy activities. Read more
- A vibrant monthly event kicks off in Mount Dora on October 14. Art Splashwill feature artists and performers on the sidewalks of downtown to celebrate the creative arts. It's expected to be the perfect night to visit downtown. Artists and performers need to get their free permit in advance. Read more
- Got a sweet tooth? Never satisfied with just an Oreo? We scoured the area to come up with the top 10 local indulgences that are well worth the guilt and special trip. Don't worry, the treadmill isn't going anywhere. Read more
- A piece of Eustis history recently went on the market. The Wandry House, a stunning stone structure, already has approval from the city for a variety of uses, including a bed & breakfast. Read more. Another area landmark, Syndonie Mansion, finally received its designation on the National Register for Historic Places as the state's oldest mansion. Read more
- While anxious movie-goers are waiting for Epic Theatres to open next summer, they can now take in flicks at the newly renovated AMC Theaters in Leesburg
.Among the improvements are comfy reclining chairs. Read more
- Always running out the door? Get your news and events on the the go with the free mobile app from Mount Dora Buzz. Click here for Apple app and for the Google Play app click here.
- Mount Dora's new city manager, Robin Hayes took the reins this week at City Hall. Hayes has a strong financial background and was most recently Management Services Director at the city of Oviedo. Read more
This month's Mount Dora Bicycle Festival is expected to be even bigger and better than last year's. The energetic organizers created new scenic rides and activities to attract local and visiting cyclists. Read more
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and there is so much more to do than just wearing pink. We've compiled a few local opportunities to help the cause and have fun doing it. Read more
- Mount Dora's most anxiously awaited charity and cultural event of the year is just around the corner. Art of the Deal is set for Nov. 5 with an innovative theme, "Creativity Leads to Invention." Read more
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- A healthy new lunch option opened in Eustis. Living Green Cafe serves up healthy, fresh wraps, salads and entrees including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free items. Try the chicken Asian lettuce wraps and a green smoothie! Yum! Triangle Center, 353 Plaza Drive, Eustis. (Watch for our upcoming article)
- Once again, Mount Dora will be overrun with ghoulish party-goers during Mayhem in Mount Dora. On Oct. 29, Pisces Rising is going all out again for this event in Sunset Park. Read more
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out thelocal dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- A new twist on home decor stores is opening in downtown Mount Dora. Melrose Home Marketplace is expecting to open on October 5th. The creative owners are giving shoppers a unique mix of home decor. Read more.
- Watch for a new business, A. Adams Antique & Fine Art, to open in the former building of The Painter's Daughter. The new store is planning to open on Oct. 28 and will specialize in French furniture and original art. Read more
For events in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, visit the calendar here. For more area 'buzz', 'like' the Mount Dora Buzz Facebook page and download its free mobile app.
Get events & news on the go with the Mount Dora Buzz free mobile app.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL