i- If you missed Light Up Mount Dora, there is no need to fret. The Christmas light displayin Donnelly Park remains up until February. If you want keep track of all the local holiday events, you'll find them here.
- Yes, it really does snow in Mount Dora. This year's forecast for snow in Donnelly Park is December 9 at 5pm. That's when there will be free sledding and ice skating for kids in Donnelly Park.
- If you've never been, you're in for a treat. The Sydonie Mansion, located just southeast of Mount Dora, is hosting special holiday tours on select dates of the decorated Mediterannean revival mansion. Reservations are required. More info
- If you've strolled down Donnelly Street in downtown Mount Dora, you may have seen the large mural of animated characters, by local artist Tim Parker. If not, you can check out the expansive painting outside Every Nook + Cranny artist collective. Read more
- To state the obvious, the level of talent among Mount Dora's local musicians is extraordinary. The deep pool of talent is one of the city's best resources and too often the best kept secret. Mount Dora Buzz continues its profiles of our community's musicians with this month's interview of Stephen Currence, one of many local favorites. Read more
- One of the absolute best events in Mount Dora during December is Santa's tour of neighborhoods throughout the city. To make sure he travels safely through town, Santa is escorted by Mount Dora's Police and Fire Department vehicles with lights and sirens blaring. It's a wonderful spectacle to behold, along with the looks on children's faces. Find Santa's tour schedule of neighborhoods here. Thank you, MDFD and MDPD.
- Any time is the perfect time for random acts of kindness. Lake Cares Food Pantry could use some non-perishable food donations to help less fortunate families in Lake County during the holidays. When shopping BOGO deals at Publix, just keep one and give the other. Of course, giving both is fine, too! Another opportunity for giving is Toys for Tots which has many local drop-off locations.
- If you want the free monthly issues of Mount Dora Buzz to arrive in your email inbox, click here. Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- There are at least eleven local restaurants and bars featuring regular live music in Mount Dora and more in Tavares & Eustis. Check the Local Live Music Guide to help you find the live entertainment you'll love. Check back as the guide continues to grow. Discover other types of entertainment on the calendar here.
If you want to learn more about local restaurants you can find more information here.
- One of Mount Dora's most popular stores is expanding. Downtown Mount Dora shoppers will be thrilled to know Matamo Designs has leased another space to do a 'little' more of its retail magic. Read more
- Downtown Mount Dora's holiday windows are currently being judged for their brilliance by a panel of impartial judges. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for the winners and then be sure to stroll by and take a peek.
- Want to get a jump on holiday shopping? Depend on the Local Shopping Guide to keep you away from the crowds and into stores with unique gifts for everyone on your list.
Get your free subscription to Mount Dora Buzz here.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL