- This month the historic Howey Mansion will be made available as a venue for tours, weddings and other events. The over 7,000 square-foot Mediterranean Revival home recently underwent major renovations by its new owners.
- This is an exciting month for craft beer lovers. Lake County's newest craft brewery and bar will have its grand opening in mid to late January in downtown Eustis. If their latest beer, Season, and their soft opening are any indications, Wolf Branch Brewing will be a huge success. Read more
- If you enjoy TED Talks, you'll be thrilled to know the international movement to spread ideas and innovation is coming to Eustis in January. TEDx Eustis will feature a dozen diverse local speakers speaking on a compelling common theme. Read more
- As part of our ongoing series on Mount Dora's deep talent pool of musicians, this month we put David Oliver Willis in the hot seat to catch up on his career since American Idol and what life-changing things are headed his way in 2018. Read more
- Like other tourist destinations across the country, The City of Mount Dora is considering an ordinance to regulate short-term vacationrentals to ensure public safety and the quality of life in residential neighborhoods. Read more
- This month both the Antique Extravaganzaand Steampunk Industrial Show come to Mount Dora. Both provide unique opportunities for collectors and the curious to gawk at all kinds of oddities brought to Renningers by dealers throughout the southeast. Read more
- A new residential development in Mount Dora is being considered. The proposed Dora Landings subdivision would bring 129 single-family homes to the old Simpson family orange groves. Read more
- There is still plenty of time to see the Christmas lights in Donnelly Park. The city will leave them up until February.
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Watch for a new eatery. The Loft Cafe, to open in the near future on the second floor of the Renaissance Building. The space vacated by Mr. Cerbiche is undergoing renovations before it begins dishing out food again. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Instagram and Facebook for updates and the opening date.
- Pssst. If you haven't tried the red sauce at the Olive Branch in downtown Mount Dora, it's beyond amazing. Just sayin'.
- There are at least eleven local restaurants and bars featuring regular live music in Mount Dora and more in Tavares & Eustis. Soon Wolf Branch Brewing will add their name to the list. Check the Local Live Music Guideto help you find the live entertainment you'll love. Check back as the guide continues to grow. Discover other types of entertainment on the calendar here.
If you want to learn more about local restaurants you can find more information here.
- The new candy and nut store, We're Nuts, opened last month in the rear of the Renaissance Building. This marks the second Mount Dora location for the store. Read more
- A new cigar store, Mount Dora Cigars, will soon open its doors in downtown Mount Dora. The new shop on 5th Avenue will also sell pipes and pipe tobacco. Stay tuned to ourFacebook page for an opening date.
- Looking to shop for something locally? Depend on the Local Shopping Guide to help discover what's available locally.
Get your free subscription to the monthly issue of Mount Dora Buzz here.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL