- Finally, valet parking has come to downtown Mount Dora. The new valet stand is located on 4th Avenue and McDonald across from Mount Dora Yacht Club and plans to operate daily beginning at 11 a.m. Some restaurants are validating the parking, so diners can ask their servers if that's available. Read more
- It's been the subject of conversation and anticipation for years. The new Wekiva Parkway is expected to bring significant residential and commercial growth, as well as convenience to the area. Here are the top ten things you need to know about the project.
- Palm Island Boardwalk at Mount Dora's waterfront is expected to re-open in its entirety this month. Portions of the popular nature walk have been temporarily closed for improvements. Read more
- Maybe it's the toasty temperatures or the mere thought of donning a swim suit, but whatever the cause, diners often seek out light and healthy meals during the summer. To help with the local hunt, we found some of the tastiest entree salads under $12. Bon Appetit! Read more
- Do you have 9,000 square feet to spare within a mile of Mount Dora's Post Office? If so, the United States Postal Service would love to chat with you. The post office has outgrown its Donnelly facility and is looking for larger digs. Read more
- What do you love about Mount Dora? Get ready to tell us as the "Best of Mount Dora"voting is just around the corner. It will be followed by the "Best of Eustis" then Tavares. Start jotting down your faves!
- Local underprivileged kids are getting some help from the Summer Food Service Program, which aims to bridge the childhood hunger gap while school isn't in session. Without the program, some children receiving free or discounted breakfasts and lunch at public schools can go hungry. Read more
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Eustis' iconic Magnolia Building downtown will soon be home to Bay Street Brewery & Bistro. The build-out should be complete in time for a July opening. It joins Wolf Branch Brewing in the city's growing craft beer scene. Read more
- Tavares has a new seafood restaurant. Fish Camp opened at 901 Lakeshore Blvd. in Tavares. The eatery sits on the edge of Lake Eustis just off US 441 and dishes up grouper tacos, ceviche, peel & eat shrimp, burgers and more.
- Discovering the area's restaurants is now a lot easier. Check out the
local dining guide with restaurants in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis to learn what options you may have missed. You might find a new favorite! Read more
- KaDeeKay, the area's go-to place for kitchen products, is reducing its space on Alexander Street into just the center spot. The store will continue to have a great mix of products, but is returning to its original space on July 1. A customer appreciation event is planned for July 15.
- Want to support local stores, but don't know where to start? The local guide to shopping will help you find what you need. You can also find the guide on the Mount Dora Buzz' complimentary mobile app. Download it here.
Here is this month's entertainment calendar.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL