Get the scoop for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis fast in the current issue of Mount Dora Buzz.
- Foodies are patiently salivating as progress continues at 1921 by Norman Van Aken, a fine dining restaurant under construction in downtown Mount Dora. The project is now slated for a July opening. Read more. Get more restaurants updates at Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook.
- This is peak season for the local blueberry crop and sweet, ripe berries are abundant. Pick them right off the bush at nearby U-Pick blueberry farms. Read more.
- Delicious lunches at indie eateries don't have to break the bank. When you're craving more than a deli sandwich, here's a list of some of the best local lunches under $10. Read more.
- The large New Orleans-style buildingon the corner of 5th Avenue and Donnelly Street received a few upgrades and repairs recently. Although not leased, the structure's aesthetic improvements will help the appearance and code compliance of downtown's most prominent intersection. Read more.
- Eustis & Mount Dora are butting heads over a land grab of unincorporated county land that would ultimately affect the borders of both cities. Read more.
- In a nod to Lake County's emergence as a premier bass fishing destination, Lake County has created a resourceful website for both local and visiting anglers. Read more.
- It is arguably downtown's favorite sign. The large, vintage throwback makes a statement to everyone who strolls down 5th Avenue downtown. The old Simpson Hotel provides an interesting snapshot of Mount Dora's past. Read more.
- Interested in what's happening at City Hall? Get updates on relevant topics without political bias or opinion. Check our "Government & Education" page for quick updates.
- Before young Annika Slaby was playing violin on the sidewalks of downtown, Keegan Neverett was charming residents with his guitar and soulful voice. After a serious car accident, Keegan, now 20, and his family need their community. Read more.
- The biggest question is are you a purger or a splurger? Either way, you'll be in your element at Central Florida's Longest Yard Sale happening at Renninger's Antique Center. Read more.
- As part of his duties, Mayor Nick Girone prepared the annual "State of the City"update highlighting Mount Dora's current strengths and challenges. Read more.
- One of the city's most anticipated music events happens later this month. Mount Dora Blues & Groove Weekend
comes to downtown's Evans Park on May 20 & 21.
- Watch Mount Dora Buzz' Facebook page for more updates.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz
EUSTIS & tavares NEWS
- A new restaurant, Maria's Latin Diner, just opened downtown at 1 N. Eustis Street.
- The inaugural downtown Eustis Busking Festival was a tremendous success. Street performers ranged from acrobats and musicians to magicians and dancers. Read more
- The city has a business opportunityavailable for anyone with a good commercial use for their lakefront building downtown which ideal for a restaurant or retail. Read more.
- The city is at odds with Mount Dora over land that was part of a proposal to Lake County that would affect both cities boundaries. Read more.
- Get more updates on Mount Dora, Eustis & Tavares, here.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL