-The season of cooler weather is upon us and lots of area events kick off this month. From the Renaissance Fair, Art of the Deal, and the Antique Extravaganza to Light Mount Dora and Light Up Eustis--they all happen in November, plus all the fun monthly events. View calendar
- The area welcomed a new excursion train last month. Royal Palm Railway, a 1950's train, will take passengers on a narrated ride between Tavares, Mount Dora and Eustis. In addition to their regular trips, they will also be offering seasonal-themed rides. Read more
- Later this month, Mount Dora will get even friendlier. Mount Dora Welcome Center will open in downtown's historic Donnelly House to greet visitors and provide them with maps, local information and even a free iced-tea on the porch. Read more
- If you thought parking in downtown Mount Dora became increasingly difficult in October, you're right. The City removed dozens of parking spaces in recent weeks. Fortunately, a privately-owned, free shuttle service started last month and is staying busy transporting people among downtown destinations. Read more
- Not only does November bring us Veterans Day, it also brings Election Day. Local elections are Nov. 7, so remember to cast your vote if you haven't already.
- Searching for something locally? Check out the local bulletin board "Mount Dora Word of Mouth" on Facebook. It's the local spot to ask for recommendations, post lost & found pets, announce yard sales and keep in touch with your community. Find it here
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Love good tea and coffee? Cafe 334
in downtown Mount Dora will open later this month inside Every Nook & Cranny artist collective on Donnelly Street. Patrons can place their order at the window and relax in one of the eclectic seating areas or take their drinks to go. Eventually, the cafe will serve light vegan fare. Read more
- The Golden Triangle is a bastion for live music in Florida. Downtown Mount Dora alone boasts at least eleven restaurant and bar venues with regular live music. Check the Local Live Music Guide to help you find the live entertainment you'll love and check back as it grows. You can find other types of entertainment on the calendar here.
- Watch for a new Cuban restaurant to open in Tavares. Havana 1959 will dish out Cuban sandwiches, Ropa Vieja, media noches, tres leche and other traditional favorites at 1080 E. Alfred Street.
- Discovering the area's restaurants is easy. Check out the L
ocal Dining Guide
with restaurants in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis to learn what options can satisfy your cravings. You might find a new favorite!
- Got a sweet tooth? Watch for We're Nuts to open later this month in the back of the Renaissance Building in downtown Mount Dora. The new store will offer a selection of over 100 bulk items, Belgian chocolates, seasonal cheeses, artisan breads and more.
- Want to get a jump on holiday shopping? Depend on the Local Shopping Guide to keep you away from the crowds and into stores with unique gifts for everyone on your list. Read more
- Find the upcoming events here
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL