- When gems are rare they come with a hefty price tag. One of only two coveted vacant lots in downtown Mount Dora's core is now on the market and zoned for commercial use. Read more
- Another downtown property is in transition. The building that was formerly home to The Drawer for decades is under contract to be purchased. Read more
- Mount Dora's new city manager, Robin Hayes, begins on September 26. Hayes has a strong financial background and is currently Management Services Director at the city of Oviedo.
- August was sweltering and this month promises to be the same. Now is the perfect time to cool off with a refreshing cold brew. Here's a list of the the top local spots to find the best craft beers. Read more
- Here's your chance to be heard. Mount Dora City Council elections are coming up and we want to know the top concerns and issues of residents. Please tell us yours here.
- More improvements headed to Eustis' downtown lakefront. This time it's their floating docks that are being repaired, so plan ahead for a little inconvenience. Read more. In addition, the city is seeking business proposals for watercraft rentalsat the downtown lakefront. Read more
- Dust off your bike. Take a ride in the Ocala Forest during the Camp Boggy Creek Challenge later this month, Not only does it benefit a great cause but it's perfect conditioning for the Mount Dora Bicycle Festival next month. Read more
- Check out the improved Mount Dora Buzz event calendar. It still has the events for Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, plus it's searchable and mobile-friendly. Check it out here.
- Speaking of Mount Dora Bicycle Festival--next month's event promises to be even bigger and better than last year's. The energetic organizers created new rides and activities for cyclists. Read more
- Mount Dora's hottest charity and cultural event of the year will be here before you know it. Art of the Deal is set for Nov. 5. Read more
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Some Hibachi (pronounded so-mee) opened September 1 in Eustis. The small, casual eatery will serve hibachi, sushi and American favorites. Read more
- Two local hang-outs, ALS Sand Bar of Tavares and Beach Bums of Eustis have closed. Both restaurants had the same owner. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for what's to come in those spaces.
- Another new eatery is headed to downtown Mount Dora. Cafe 622 is in the early build-out stage in its Donnelly Street location. The small cafe will be in the former home of PizzAmore near 6th Avenue.
- Can't decide where to go this weekend? Check out the Best of Mount Dora awards to see who most impressed our readers. Read more
- The new Publix in Tavares will open on Sept. 7. The 46,000 square foot store is located on 19A. Read more
- A new twist on home decor stores is opening in downtown Mount Dora. Melrose Home Marketplace is expecting to open by the end of September. Read more.
- A new women's boutique, Desire, opened on Donnelly Street in downtown Mount Dora. The new store offers everything from separates and special occasion dresses to artisan jewelry.
- In case you're in need of a new vice, Hometown Market in Eustis on U.S. 441 began selling Donut King donuts and the response has been amazing. Read more.
Get your complimentary subscription to Mount Dora Buzz, the monthly magazine for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis here.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL