Ever wonder what Florida art shows are worth the trip?
The 2017 rankings of the top 100 art festivals in the country are out and 26 Florida festivals made the cut. Placement was determined by compiling ballots submitted by professional artists who rated the festivals according to their own gross sales at the events. That's a valuable metric because top producing festivals for artists attract the country’s best talent.
The annual ranking is conducted by the national magazine, Sunshine Artist, which prides itself on being the leading publication for art show exhibitors, patrons and promoters.
Here are the 26 Florida art festivals that ranked among the Top 100 nationally:
1. LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival (Tallahassee)
2. Under the Oaks Fine Arts & Crafts Show (Vero Beach)
7. Mount Dora Arts Festival
15. Naples National Arts Festival
17. Downtown Naples Festival of the Arts
18. Coconut Grove Art Festival
21: Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (Fernadina Beach)
24. Cape Coral Festival of the Arts
27. Downtown Venice Art Classic
32. Ocala Arts Festival
39. Images: A Festival of the Arts (New Smyrna Beach)
40. Gasparilla Festival of the Arts (Tampa)
45. Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival
50. Bonita Springs National Art Festival, Show 3
57. St. Armands Circle Art Festival (Sarasota)
58. Coconut Point New Year’s Art Festival (Estero)
64. Downtown Delray Beach Festival of the Arts
65. Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Festival
66. Boca Fest, Boca Raton
71. Las Olas Art Fair, Part 1 (Ft. Lauderdale)
74. The Sanibel Masters Art Festival
82. Art Fest By the Sea (Jupiter)
95. Bonita Springs National Art Show 1
96. Downtown Art Festival (Gainesville)
97. Estero Fine Art Show
100. Boca Raton Fine Art Show
For more news and events in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, click here. Find out what's happening locally with just a tap on your phone by downloading the area's free mobile app. Monthly issues of Mount Dora Buzz are available here.