- With its restaurants, bike trails, shops, brewery and majestic oak canopy, Winter Garden has become a popular destination for Central Floridians, including Mount Dorans. Mount Dora Buzz spoke to Winter Garden's City Manager to uncover just how the city earned its vibe. Read more - In case you didn't read our coverage in July, Tavares has some very exciting news. New riverboat cruises are expected to begin this fall on Lake Dora aboard The Dora Queen. The impressive boat will be based out of Tavares' docks at Wooton Park. Read more
- Get ready to show your local favorites some love! The Best of Mount Dora voting kicks off today in all kinds of categories ranging from people, places, shopping, dining and more. Winners reap the coveted benefits of bragging rights all year! Read more
- Floridians know August is peak hurricane season and generally they know what to do to prepare. However, here's a list of lesser-known tips that will make even lifelong Floridians take notice. Read more
- A new theater opened in Eustis on U.S. Highway 441. Living Drama Theatre had its first performances in July and the next production will welcome audiences in September. Read more
- Some local families don't have the resources for adequate school supplies, and teachers often pay to make up for the shortage. The "Supplies to Thrive" project lets you help by donating basic items to any of five convenient locations, or directly to one of Mount Dora's public schools. Your gifts will put these supplies into the hands of Mount Dora students that need them. Read more
- Mount Dora campaigns for mayor and city council will soon begin again. If you're interested in serving your community and helping to make decisions about the city's future, here's the top 10 things to know about running for office in Mount Dora, including the deadlines and simple requirements. Read more
Want to know what's happening at City Hall? Check out Mount Dora Buzz' government page here Scroll down for all the restaurant and store news.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Uptown Mount Dora has a new casual eatery. Fifth Avenue Streatery on Highland opened in July and offers a large, diverse menu with something for everyone. Read more
If you know of a new restaurant preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis. please let Mount Dora Buzz know.
Scroll down for news about new stores...
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Two years seems like an eternity to local fans of Wawa, the popular convenience store chain that announced in 2017 it was opening a Mount Dora location. The company's wheels may be turning slowly, but it's coming. Read more
- Pet lovers will be happy to hear a new pet supply store will be opening in Mount Dora. Petsense, a national retailer will open this fall. Read more
- It hardly a surprise with all of the cycling Mount Dora offers that a new bicycle business was needed. Adrenaline Bike Works will open this fall in uptown on Highland Street. Read more
If you know of a new store preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis, please let Mount Dora Buzz know.