• Join the Downtown Street Party on Oct. 3 celebrating the completion of this summer's construction project on Donnelly Street, as well as Third Avenue. Stores will be open and there will be live music by the Nightly Blues Band on Donnelly Street and 4th Avenue. Ribbon cutting ceremony at 4pm.
• Find out what candidates share your local priorities during the Mount Dora Buzz City Council Candidate Forum on October 15 at 6pm. The event will be held atMerrill's Market on 3rd & Alexander Street downtown. Seating is limited, however standing room is plentiful. After the forum, residents are encouraged to mingle and discuss ideas with candidates.
• The Lake County property tax rate, not to be confused with city tax rates, was recently finalized with an increase of 11%.
• Tavares will showcase the grand opening of their new event facility, Pavilion on the Lake, at Wooton Park on Oct. 11.
There are lots of exciting new changes happening in Mount Dora, here are just a few:
• October kicks off Mount Dora Buzz' new "Kids Give Back" program designed to encourage kids of all ages to give back to their community in meaningful ways. Every month the program will feature a different local community service project. October's project is a Halloween costume drive in which the area's youth are being asked to donate new or used Halloween costumes between October 1-20th. These costumes will go to underprivileged children in our community so they can enjoy a festive Halloween. For more information on the Halloween costume drive and donation drop-off locations, visit www.MountDoraBuzz.com/give-backs.html
• There is a lot of family fun in the area this season. Barrel of Books and Gamesbegins Story Time for children and their parents every Saturday morning at 10 a.m. Additionally, the annual corn maze opens at Zellwood Farms on Oct. 4 and "Lots of Pumpkins", a pumpkin patch and hayride, opens this month on Huff Road in Eustis.
More news and events are always available on our Facebook page atwww.Facebook.com/MountDoraBuzz.
Copyright Mount Dora BuzzO
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL