Get your spooky on! Here are your best bets for this weekend's local events listed by date and time.
friday october 30:
1. Trunk 'R Treat - This family friendly party features bounce houses, decorated cars and free Blackbear Smokehouse barbecue. Free. 6-8pm. Gilbert Park.
2. Halloween Spooktacular Bash - For ages 12 and under. The party will have games and events inside and trick-or-treating outside. Donnelly Park Building, downtown. 6-8pm. 530 N. Donnelly St.
3. Un-Boo-lievable Family Fall Festival - This free downtown Tavares party features something for everyone including a classic car show, Trunk or Treat, dog costume contest, scary book reading, and Hotel Transylvania movie in the park at 7:30. Hot dogs, burgers, kettlecorn and more. Fun goes from 6-9pm at Wooton Park.
4. Haunted Renningers: The 'Street of Shops' turn scary at Renningers Antique Center. There will be food trucks, 10 scare actors, puppets and props. A maze walk starts in the memorial garden and ends in the antique street. It's for ages 10 and up because it may be more than a little spooky! . 7:30-11:30 pm. Admission $5.
SATURDAY, OCT. 31
5. "Art Creates Change" Halloween Bash - This free, daytime Halloween party hosted by Mount Dora Center will have candy, costumes and art activites. The community party is for kids 12 and under and last from 10am-noon at Cauley Lott Park, 1717 Highland Street, Mount Dora.
6. Fall-O-Ween - Wear a costume and enjoy a day in the corn maze at Long & Scott Farm's Maze Adventure. 10am-5pm. Wear a costume and get $1 off admission price. 26216 CR 448A, Mount Dora.
7. Eustis Fall Festival - This family event features, hay rides, bounce houses, food vendors, balloon artists, face painters, pony rides, and costume contests starting at 4pm. Ferrran Park, downtown Eustis, 1-6pm.
8. Trick or Treat Mount Dora - Kids in costumes can go trick-or-treating in over 20 participating downtown businesses from 6-8pm. Free.
9. Haunted Renningers: The 'Street of Shops' turn scary at Renningers Antique Center. There will be food trucks, 10 scare actors, puppets and props. A maze walk starts in the memorial garden and ends in the antique street. It's for ages 10 and up because it may be more than a little spooky! . 7:30-11:30 pm. Admission $5.
10. Mayhem in Mount Dora - A Halloween street party hosted by Pisces Rising and featuring food, drinks, live entertainment, palm reader, photo booth, plus a pumpkin carving and $500 grand prize costume contest. Free admission. Starts at 7pm, West 4th Avenue, downtown.
Okay, who could pick just 10? Here's a few more we bet you'll enjoy!
11. Lost Parrot's Halloween Party - This party for adults features door prizes, costume contest, tarot reader, live music, plus shot and drink specials. Contest sign-up is 10-10:30pm.
12. 1884 Restaurant & Bar Halloween Bash - DJ from 8pm to close. Drink specials and adult costume contest with prizes at 11pm.
For more local news, click here
To get more scoop for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, click here
As the temperature moves slightly downward and Fall creeps upon us, downtown Tavares is celebrating the season this Saturday.
Rocktoberfest, is a festive street party at Tavares Waterfront Entertainment District that will feature authentic German food, beer and wine gardens, and live music by some of Central Florida's top bands. The free party is on the waterfront so visitors have the option of arriving by car, boat, or seaplane.
Local restaurants, Ruby Street Grille and O'Keefe's Irish Pub, will have street-side bars, as well as a featured German dish available curbside. Patrons can still go inside to order from the full menu and enjoy their favorite libations.
The event's live music packs a punch with multiple stages. On Ruby Street's east stage Da Boys will jam from 3-5pm, plus another band, Kings County, will be alternating hourly at 7-8pm, 9-10 pm, 11-midnight. The street's west stage will feature the Tavares High School Jazz Band from 5-5:30 pm, followed by local favorite, Defenders of Daisies alternating hourly 6-7pm, 8-9pm, 10-11pm.
There will also be a photo and merchandise booths, plus a show & shine Jeep show with a live radio remote by FM-WMMO. The fun starts at 3pm and continues to midnight, rain or shine.
For more local news and events for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, click here..
Like Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for more area info.
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT