A discerning sweet tooth can be tricky to satisfy. Mount Dora Buzz took one for the team and researched treats you don't want to miss. Make sure you save room for these top 10 local desserts (in no particular order). Just don't blame us for any added dimples.
1. It's impossible to decide between the chocolate croissants and homemade bourbon vanilla ice cream sandwiches at Le Petit Sweet. We've been unsuccessful leaving with just one item. (110 W. Fifth Ave., downtown Mount Dora)
2. There are no words to describe the Maple Bacon donuts made fresh daily by Donut King and sold at Hometown Market. Due to their addictive nature, they could become illegal any day now, so hurry. (401 Plaza Drive, Eustis)
3. The generous key lime pound cake and their infamous carrot cake are both made from scratch at Cody's on 4th. They're worth every pound they may add. Delish! (111 E. Fourth Ave., downtown Mount Dora)
4. Holy guacamole! The warm churros and vanilla ice cream from Eduardo's Lokos Tacos are large enough to share...but you won't. (226 W. Alfred St., Tavares)
5. There are tons of tasty ice cream options, but the most crave-worthy we discovered is the red bean ice cream at Saigon Fusion. It sounded odd, so we had to try and now it's a fave! (16700 U.S. 441, Mount Dora)
6. For those less daring, we found the best (and biggest) chocolate chunk cookies at Scoop's on 5th. Not only are they chock full of chocolate, the classic cookies are the size of your head. (130 E. Fifth Ave., downtown Mount Dora)
7. Hands down the best creme brulee is the classic at Goblin Market. Although sinfully rich, you'll finish every delectable bite. (330 Dora Drawdy Way, downtown Mount Dora)
8. The warm French toast donuts are worth standing in line for at Joy Donuts on weekends. Trust us...get three. One to eat right away. One to share. One to eat later with vanilla ice cream! (U.S. 441 & Wolf Branch Road, Mount Dora; weekends only)
9. No need for a road trip to Cafe Du Monde. 1921 serves warm graham beignets, the New Orleans version of fried dough, with tropical guava and key lime curds. (142 E. Fourth Ave., downtown Mount Dora)
10. Local favorites are always fresh cupcakes from Cupcake Delights. Overwhelmed by the selection? No worries, try the carrot cake, red velvet or Willis & Cream. (122 E. Fourth Ave., downtown Mount Dora)
'Like' the Mount Dora Buzz Facebook page for events, news and more for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis. Get Mount Dora Buzz on the go with our free mobile app. Click here for Apple app and for the Google Play app click here.
The News & Events Source for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis'