It may seem like a memorable lunch at an independent eatery can snag more pocket money than ever. Not so fast. Here are some fresh and delish local options to keep your tastebuds and wallet happy. We couldn't possibly pick a fave, so they're listed alphabetically...
1. Lago Dora: This new Italian restaurant features a lunch menu just under $10. Everything is fresh, including their spaghetti and meatballs, shrimp fra diavlo and caprese salad.
134 Ruby Street, dowtown Tavares
2. Cody's on 4th: No need to head to the Big Easy, they feature a tasty muffuletta sandwich ($9.75). 111 E. 4th Ave., downtown Mount Dora
3. Copacabana: Try the arroz con pollo (9.95), vegetarian rice dish ($8.95) or their Cuban sandwich ($9.25). 320 Dora Drawdy Way, downtown Mount Dora
4. Ivory's Take-out Restaurant: A tasty and amazing value for fresh, juicy burgers ($3.75) and pork chops with rice and beans ($7.50) (only open Thurs.-Sun.), 1325 N. Grandview, Mount Dora
5. La Palmas: Grab half of any hearty sandwich with choice of soup for 9 bucks or have a whole pork or palomilla steak sandwich with fries ($9). 351 N. Donnelly Street, downtown Mount Dora
6. Let's Do Lunch: In case you're the one person who hasn't heard...their fresh New England lobster roll is to die for. ($9.99). 426 N. Donnelly St., downtown Mount Dora.
7. Mount Dora Brewing: For a bit of pub food, the beer-battered fish sandwich ($9.99) served up with a bottle of malt vinegar. Yeah, baby! 405 S. Highland Street, Uptown Mount Dora.
8. PizzAmore: For a hearty lunch you can grab pasta or a slice of pizza with a salad and drink for 8 bucks. Not into pizza? Get their garlic parmesan wings. 722 E. 5th Avenue, Mount Dora
9. Eduardo's Lokos Tacos: The place has the best authentic Mexican street tacos in the area. Choose from steak, chicken or pork. 226 W. Alfred St,, downtown Tavares
10. Some Hibachi: This is a tiny spot that does a lot of take-out for its Japanese and American classics including sushi rolls, chicken wings and hibachi. 248 W. Ardice Ave., Eustis.
Here's a bonus lunch just in case you're craving a good taco...
11. Tiki West: 2 uber-fresh Mahi or jerk chicken tacos with slaw and fries ($8.99), plus another $1 off sandwiches during weekday lunches! 118 W. Ruby St., downtown Tavares.
Stay up to date with what's happening in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, click here.