- In case you missed the Mount Dora Buzz article earlier this week, Aldi, the European discount grocery chain will be opening its new Eustis location on February 16. In addition to groceries, the store will also carry beer, wine, home goods,baby products and organic produce. Read more
- Treasure hunters and vintage lovers won't want to miss the last Antique Extravaganza of the season is February 17-19 at Renningers Antique Center in Mount Dora. Read more
- A new matching grant program is providing funds to residents to plant a tree in select areas of Mount Dora. This is welcome news for shade-loving tree huggers! Read more
- Eustis is ready for a big family-friendly bash later this month. GeorgeFest, a three-day party and carnival celebrating George Washington's birthday, kicks off February 24 on the streets and parks of downtown.
- Crowds came out to send off the Orange Blossom Cannon Ball as it made its final run on the tracks between Mount Dora and Tavares on January 29. Pinsly, the tracks' owners, changed their business model and didn't renew the train operator's lease. Read more
- Construction will begin by the end of 2018 on a single-lane traffic roundabout to address safety concerns at the three-way intersection of Old 441, Eudora Road and C.R. 19. This is a Lake County project funded by a safety grant from F.D.O.T., so city funds are not required.
- Trying to stay on top of all the local events? There's an app for that! You can download the area's complimentary
to access events and news with just a tap of your finger. Read more
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- The Pineapple Place is a new restaurant opening in the former space of Chef's Pantry and Saucy Spoon. The menu will be quality American fare with an opening planned for late this month. Read more
- The duo behind the popular local restaurant, PizzAmore, have been working side by side for years. The unique partnership has led to their business success story. Read more
- We reported last month that Let's Do Lunch, the casual eatery in Mount Dora known for its lobster rolls, has a new owner, but one that is not new to downtown business. Customers can still count on the lobster roll and other favorites .Read more
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- In case you didn't read it above, it bears repeating that Aldi, the European discount grocery chain, finally settled on its February opening date for the new Eustis location. In addition to groceries, the store will also carry beer, wine, home goods,baby products and organic produce. Read more
- Stay up to date on local news and events in the area with the convenient local mobile app. Download it here.
News & Events for
Mount Dora • Tavares • Eustis
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL