- Tavares' Pavillion on the Lake opened to rave reviews last month and is a scenic 8,000 square foot, lakefront venue for weddings, conferences and parties. The project cost $6.3 million and is expected to increase economic development in the area.
- TJ Maxx, the anxiously awaited discount store, is scheduled to open on November 9th in the former home of K-Mart on US 441 & Eudora Road in Mount Dora. Its next door neighbor, Ross Dress for Less is scheduled to open after the new year. Get updates on the openings atwww.facebook.com/ShopMountDora
- Mount Dora City Council voted 7-0 to proceed with the third phase of downtown construction to begin in early April. The project will take an estimated 6 months and include improvements to sidewalks and underground infrastructure, removal of oak trees, as well as planting palm trees and ornamental landscape.
- Tremain Street Greenway in Mount Dora is opened to runners, cyclists and walkers. The $654,000 project stretches from 5th Avenue to Lincoln Avenue with the plan to connect to other paths in future years. Final details to the greenway should be complete this month. Another project scheduled to be completed in November is the Donnelly Park storm-water construction project.
- Holiday shopping kicked off early in downtown Mount Dora with the huge "Buy 1, Get 1 free" sale at The Gourmet Spot on Donnelly. Bargains on gourmet foods and kitchenware are storewide before the store transitions into Julieanne's Coastal Cottage this month. The B.O.G.O. sale ends Sunday, Nov. 2.
- Beef O'Brady's is opening a new location in Mount Dora. The sports bar will open on the north side of the Stoneybrook shopping center that is also home to a Publix. Build-out is underway, so stay tuned towww.Facebook.com/MountDoraBuzz for grand opening information.
- A new vintage store opened in Tavares. Through the Years Vintage Market will feature a plethora of old treasures in the wonderful old house at 102 E. Alfred Street, downtown,
- It's never too soon to get your kids involved. Mount Dora Buzz' monthlycommunity service projects are specifically designed to provide kids meaningful ways to give back to their community. November's project is"Spread the Warmth", a hoodie and jacket drive benefiting local underprivileged children. For more information and drop-off locations go to www.MountDoraBuzz.com/give-backs.html . Teacher, club and school involvement is greatly appreciated.
- More news and events are always available on our Facebook page atwww.Facebook.com/MountDoraBuzz. If you need information for local services or the business directory, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz