- Drum roll, please....the results of the 2017 Best of Mount Dora are in. Readers voted in mass to choose their favorites in a wide range of categories. There were some surprises and four very tight contests. Read more
- Mount Dora Arts Festival was recently ranked #7 of fine art festivals in the entire U.S. It was the festival's best ranking ever in a
national magazine and will continue to elevate the festival's popularity in Florida. Read more
- Runners of all ages and abilities will hit the streets on September 4 for the Donnelly House 4 Miler Run/Walk. The footrace starts at 8am at Elizabeth Evans Park in downtown Mount Dora. Proceeds from the race go to support renovations and maintenance of the historic Donnelly House. The next area footrace will be the Pink Out 5k in Tavares in October.
- Tavares is hosting The Ultimate Art Projecton September 15. The inaugural event will host entertainers, artists and tons of creative activities for kids in Tavares Square located at 201 E. Main Street in downtown.
- Mount Dora residents watched the progress of a commissioned interpretation of van Gogh's "Starry Night" painted on a wall along Old Highway 441. The city cited it as graffiti and the homeowner's appeal will go before a magistrate on September 14. Read more
- In August, Mount Dora Buzz launched "Buzz Polls" a weekly feature on its Facebook page. The local topics range from lighthearted to newsworthy. The bottom line is we love it when readers share their thoughts with us.
- Watch for Mount Dora's newest neighborhood green space, Serenity Park, to open by late September. The successful project was spearheaded by residents and supported by the city and private donations. Read more
- September is the month local municipalities hold public hearings to tie down city budgets and adopt tax millage rates to fund them. If you're interested, contact your city hall for the upcoming budget meeting dates. You can find a brief update on Mount Dora's proposed budget here.
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Looking for somewhere open late? Last month, Las Palmas Cuban Restaurant extended their live music until 2 a.m. on weekends to give late night revelers in downtown Mount Dora another place to party.
- Pisco Sour, downtown Mount Dora's new Peruvian restaurant, will open in the former space of The Lost Parrot in early September. Read more
- Discovering the area's restaurants is easy. Check out the
local dining guide
with restaurants in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis to learn what options can satisfy your cravings. You might find a new favorite! Read more
- The empty downtown Mount Dora space at 4th Avenue and Alexander Street will soon be overflowing with gifts. Checkered Moon, the small gift store on 5th Avenue, is planning to relocate to the corner space in October to expand its offerings.
- Mount Dora Buzz readers voted for the"Best Store to Buy Gifts," the "Best Customer Service" and other favorites. If you haven't checked out the winning businesses, maybe it's time to pay them a visit. Read more
- Want to support local stores, but don't know where to start? The local guide to shopping will help you find what you need. You can also find the guide on the Mount Dora Buzz' complimentary mobile app. Download it here.
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL