.There is so much more to Breast Cancer Awareness month than just wearing pink. Locals eager to help fight cancer can check out these opportunties:
1. Bra-Vo Preview Party Mount Dora October 1 at Mount Dora Center for the Arts gallery, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. This fundraiser gives guests a sneak peek at this year's 'bras' decorated by artists and residents. Light appetizers and cash bar. $15 to $20 tickets can be purchased at Artisans on 5th in Mount Dora with 100% of the proceeds benefits central Florida women who cannot afford mammograms or further diagnostic testing.
2.Flamingo "Pink Out" The "Pink Out" event sells flamingos for $10. One flamingo is your yard and another will be placed among the growing flocks around Lake County to raise funds for the Florida Hospital Breast Cancer Care Fund which supports central Florida women who cannot afford screening or further diagnostic testing. Flamingos can be purchased at Artisans on 5th, Lake Eustis Museum of Art and Florida Hospital Waterman gift shop.
3. Bra-Vo Exhibit and Fundraiser Oct. 2-29 at Mount Dora Center for the Arts gallery Local artists and individual got creative with 'bras' during this annual event. Money is raised by silent auctions and voting for your favorites. 100% of funds Provide free diagnostic testing for breast cancer to those in need, in Lake County 138 E. 5th Avenue, Mount Dora. Read more
4. 3rd Annual Pink Out 5k Evening Sunset run/walk October 13, 6pm at Wooton Park, Tavares Proceeds help promote breast cancer awareness, diagnosis and treatment including mammograms. Registration and packet pick-up is October 12 at Florida Hospital Waterman's main entrance from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Cost is $25 for adults and $20 for 17 and under. Call 352-353-3479 for more info.
5. Halloween Zumba Party October 21, 5:30pm-7:30pm at Gold's Gym, Mount Dora This fun and active event is open to the public. The $5 admission price goes to help fight breast cancer. Beginners welcome.
6. Join local team for "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk" October 29 A local team is participating in the American Cancer Society's breast cancer walk at Lake Eola in Orlando. The public can sign up in advance at Mount Dora's Gold's Gym.
7. Pink T-Shirts for a cause Local fire stations are selling pink t-shirts to benefit the cause. Shirts are available for purchase at Mount Dora Fire Department at 14300 N Donnelly Street and Eustis Fire Station at 100 W. Norton Avenue from 8am-4:30 p.m.
'Like' Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook, here. For more local news, click here
News & Events for Mount Dora • Tavares • Eustis Get your free monthly subscriptionhere.