- The local blueberry season kicks off just in time for this month's Mount Dora Blueberry Festival. Plenty of local farms provide
U-pick hours to the public. Read more. The festival will offer all things blueberry on April 29 and 30 in downtown's Evans Park on the lakefront. Read more
- As reported in 'The Buzz' last month, Wawa is coming to Mount Dora. The national chain of convenience stores and gas stations will build a location on U.S. 441 and Morningside Drive. Read more
- Tavares is on the verge of getting a vintage train to replace the recently departed Orange Blossom Cannonball. Tavares City Council will vote on April 5 on a proposal offering local excursions, as well as occasional trips to Orlando for special events. Read more
- Street performers will descend on downtown Eustis during the city's Busker Festival on April 8. Live acts range from musicians, acrobats, dancers and more. Read more
- Have things to sell? A bulletin board on Facebook. "Mount Dora Word of Mouth" allows individuals to sell items and seek recommendations, in addition to post lost and found notices, employment opportunities and more.
- Lake County Fair brings entertainment and exhibits to the fairgrounds in Eustis this month. Beginning on April 6, the public can
take in the rides, livestock, entertainment and more.
- Improvements began in March on the middle section of Palm Island Boardwalk on Mount Dora's waterfront. This will bring that section to the same high standard as the sections improved a few years ago. Read more
- Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis have a mobile app to keep you updated on local news, entertainment and events. Access tons of great information with just a swipe of your finger! It's available for both iPhones and Android devices. Download it here.
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the hottest topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Folks have been anxious for the opening of Panera Bread in Eustis ever since the announcemment it was opening in the new shopping center on U.S. 441 across from Target. The national bakery and cafe chain anticipates opening later this spring. Read more
- Builld out is complete for The Pineapple Place, a new restaurant in downtown Mount Dora. They're in the hiring and training process and hope to open within a week or two. The casual eatery is in the former location of Chef's Pantry and Saucy Spoon on Alexander Street.
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- At long last, a new business is moving into the old Publix locaton on Donnelly & U.S. 441 in Mount Dora. Harbor Freight Tools, a national discount tool retailer, is in the build- out process. The store recently conducted hiring events to staff the large space. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for an opening date.
- Last month, friendly new owners took the reins at The Wine Den in downtown Mount Dora. Devon and Cary, Eustis residents, have infused their positive vibes into the 4th Avenue wine bar and store.
- Downtown Mount Dora got some excellent news last month. After much reflection, Crissy Stiles, owner of Barrel of Books & Games on 4th Avenue, decided to keep the popular store open. Read more
- Stay up to date on local news and events in the area with the convenient local mobile app. Download it here. Get the free monthly issue of Mount Dora Buzz here.
News & Events for
Mount Dora • Tavares • Eustis
- Tavares residents are looking forward to a big convenience moving into town. Thenew Tavares Crossroads Publix is on track for the September opening. Read more
- A long time Mount Dora gift store,Whispering Winds, has made some cheerful updates and expanded its product lines into the outdoors, including paddleboards. Read more
- Need some news to perk up your day? Joy Donuts are now being sold atHometown Market in Eustis on weekends. The tasty treats are still available at Le Petit Sweet and the Joy Donut food trailer. Read more
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL