- In case you haven't noticed, progress is moving quickly on the Epic Theatres in Mount Dora. In the coming weeks work will finish up on the mammoth exterior shell and the work will begin on the interior bringing it closer to its projected completion. Read more
- Eustis is prepping for its biggest party of the year. GeorgeFest, a vibrant mix of street party and carnival, will transform the city's downtown on February 23-25. Read more
- Mount Dora's biggest weekend of the year came on February 3 and 4 when Mount Dora Arts Festival, ranked seventh in the nation, filled the streets of its historic downtown on February 3 and 4. Read more. As in years past, a handful of local artists made the cut to be among the talented exhibitors at the festival. This year nine local artists were selected. Read more
- The saga over Mount Dora's "Starry Night" mural continues. As the city sought to increase fines this week, the family that owns the home is now being represented by a national non-profit that defends constitutional cases to as high as the U.S. Supreme Court. The foundation took the case pro bono based on its merits. Read more
- Strawberry season is still in full swing in Lake County and lovers of the plump red berries can choose to pick their own at a local strawberry field and vineyard throughout this month. Read more
- In an effort to help downtown Mount Dora customers and visitors find parking, the city is planning to implement a 4-hour parking limit on select streets downtown. Visitors and employees will still have the option of unlimited parking in various other downtown streets, parking lots and the parking garage. Read more
- The new residential development on the old Simpson orange groves on Grandview street was approved. The relatively small development, Mount Dora Landings, did not require any zoning changes. Read more
The residential and commercial development, The Parks of Mount Dora, on the Orange County border, did not receive the density increase its developer sought. However, Mount Dora City Council did agree to change a portion designated for office space to commercial use. This clears the way for a shopping strip or other commercial uses. Read more
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall, but don't have time to attend meeetings? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- One word-- gorgeous. That's how to describe the The Loft Cafe, a new breakfast and lunch cafe planning to open later in February in downtown Mount Dora. The eatery will offer a menu and ambiance that is clearly different from others in the area. Read more
- Sweet & Savory, a start-up cupcake bakery, is scheduled to take over the space of Cupcake Delights on 4th Avenue. The long-time Mount Dora treat shop will be missed, but will keep its successful Anna Maria Island location running. We wish Judy and her family continued success.
- Check the Local Live Music Guide to help you find the live entertainment you'll love. Check back as the guide continues to grow. Discover other types of entertainment on the calendar here.
Discover more about local restaurants here.
- Bring on the carbs! A new bakery is in the permitting process on Old Hwy 441 in Mount Dora. European Breads will be serving up more than just fresh focaccia and sourdough. Read more
- When one door closes, another door opens. That was the case in Mount Dora in January. Sadly, the popular KaDee Kay kitchen store permanently closed its doors downtown, while another retailer, Mount Dora Cigars, just opened for business on 5th Avenue. Read more
- Looking to shop for something locally? Depend on the Local Shopping Guide to help discover local stores and unique merchandise.
Sign up to get free monthly issues of Mount Dora Buzz emailed directly to your inbox!
NEWS IN A NUTSHELL