Get the scoop for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis fast in the June issue of Mount Dora Buzz.
- The entire eastern block of Donnelly Street between 5th and 4th Avenues will be under a termite fumigation tent beginning on June 27. Those businesses will re-open on June 30. Read more
- Epic Theatres finally broke ground in Mount Dora. The 12-screen theater will boast state-of-the-art features and plenty of bells and whistles when it opens. Read more
- Something very cool is headed for downtown: rooftop dining. Las Palmas Cuban Restaurant is in the early planning process of transforming its roof into a full bar and dining area. Read more
- Save the dates for the area's Independence celebrations. Eustis kicks off the party on July 1 with entertainment and fireworks downtown. Mount Dora's fireworks and celebration is on July 3 and Tavares will follow on July 4. For more details on the events, click here.
- Five downtown landlords are working together to preserve their buildings and their safety. For three days beginning June 27th the Eastern side of the 400 block of Donnelly Street will be tented for termites.Read more
- Mount Dora is mourning the loss of former City Councilman Michael Tedder. Michael was a very respected and kind-hearted public servant, father, grandfather and friend. The community is sending its deepest sympathies to his loved ones.
- Just in time to celebrate summer vacation, Eustis' new Splash Park is having its grand opening on June 10 at Ferran Park downtown. Check out Mount Dora Buzz.com for event flyer.
- Want the real story? There's no substitute for going straight to the source. Mount Dora Buzz recently asked the city's Interim City Manager, Kim Leinbach, for his insider's view of Mount Dora. Read more
It's one of the most photographed historic homes in Central Florida. The Victorian Donnelly House in downtown Mount Dora is rooted in history. It's also in need of costly repairs. See interior pics and read more.
Mount Dora has a new option for residents needing some adult time. Once a month the city is hosting a free "Movie Under the Stars" in Evans Park. The movies are free and recommended for adults. Food and drinks are available for purchase. Read more
Mount Dora's big fireworks show and celebratoin will be July 3. Tavares and Eustis will hosts theirs on July 4. Fireworks not exciting enough for you? The Red, White & Booze pub crawl may be just your speed. The festive event will feature stops downtown and uptown on July 3. Read more._
Scroll below for all the new restaurant and store news this month...
- There's a new dining option in downtown Tavares. Lago Dora opened six weeks ago and has been impressing guests ever since. Here's a tip: don't even think about skipping the bread basket! Read more.
- When you think of a 'cold one' in Mount Dora, you can't help but get thirsty for one of Mount Dora Brewing's house brews. Heading into summer, the season of cold beers, we sat down with the brewery's owner, Jeff Herbst, to uncover more about him and his brews. Read more
- Familiar cuisine settled into a familiar location. Maria's Latin Diner recently opened at 1 N. Eustis Street in downtown in the former home of That Cuban Place. Read more
- Foodies are patiently salivating as progress continues at 1921 by Norman Van Aken, a fine dining restaurant under construction in downtown Mount Dora. The project is now slated for a July opening. Fingers crossed! Read previous article on 1921
- Shoppers are arriving in droves to the newly built Goodwill Retail Store in Eustis on Mount Dora's border. The store opened last week on US 441 near Mount Dora. Read more
A new store, Love Home Harmony, is opening on 4th Avenue in downtown Mount Dora and will sell re-designed vintage furnishings and accents. Read more. The store is moving into the space that became available when Blue Sky Blue Water boutique consolidated into its sister store, Walk in the Woods on 5th Avenue. This marks the second new store opening downtown this summer.
TheLacy Ladybug apparel boutique closed its location inside the Renaissance Building in downtown Mount Dora. The store remains in its Leesburg location.
- The biggest question is are you a purger or a splurger? Either way, you'll be in your element at Central Florida's Longest Yard Sale happening at Renningers Antique Center. Read more
Get the scoop for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis fast in the current issue of Mount Dora Buzz.
- Foodies are patiently salivating as progress continues at 1921 by Norman Van Aken, a fine dining restaurant under construction in downtown Mount Dora. The project is now slated for a July opening. Read more. Get more restaurants updates at Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook.
- This is peak season for the local blueberry crop and sweet, ripe berries are abundant. Pick them right off the bush at nearby U-Pick blueberry farms. Read more.
- Delicious lunches at indie eateries don't have to break the bank. When you're craving more than a deli sandwich, here's a list of some of the best local lunches under $10. Read more.
- The large New Orleans-style buildingon the corner of 5th Avenue and Donnelly Street received a few upgrades and repairs recently. Although not leased, the structure's aesthetic improvements will help the appearance and code compliance of downtown's most prominent intersection. Read more.
- Eustis & Mount Dora are butting heads over a land grab of unincorporated county land that would ultimately affect the borders of both cities. Read more.
- In a nod to Lake County's emergence as a premier bass fishing destination, Lake County has created a resourceful website for both local and visiting anglers. Read more.
- It is arguably downtown's favorite sign. The large, vintage throwback makes a statement to everyone who strolls down 5th Avenue downtown. The old Simpson Hotel provides an interesting snapshot of Mount Dora's past. Read more.
- Interested in what's happening at City Hall? Get updates on relevant topics without political bias or opinion. Check our "Government & Education" page for quick updates.
- Before young Annika Slaby was playing violin on the sidewalks of downtown, Keegan Neverett was charming residents with his guitar and soulful voice. After a serious car accident, Keegan, now 20, and his family need their community. Read more.
- The biggest question is are you a purger or a splurger? Either way, you'll be in your element at Central Florida's Longest Yard Sale happening at Renninger's Antique Center. Read more.
- As part of his duties, Mayor Nick Girone prepared the annual "State of the City"update highlighting Mount Dora's current strengths and challenges. Read more.
- One of the city's most anticipated music events happens later this month. Mount Dora Blues & Groove Weekend comes to downtown's Evans Park on May 20 & 21.