- November kicks off the area's busy tourist season and there are enough events to keep social calendars overflowing. First up is the start of the Lady of the Lakes Renaissance Faire in Tavares during the first weekend in November. The following weekend is the two-day Mount Dora Plant & Landscape Fair featuring some of the top nurseries from across the state. Read more. Next up is the first Antique Extravaganza weekend of the season in Mount Dora. Read more
After Thanksgiving, downtown Mount Dora and Eustis will come alive with their festive Light Up events that start off the holiday season. Light Up Eustis is the Friday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 29) and the impressive Light Up Mount Dora is on Saturday, November 30. Read more - The votes are in! Readers have cast their votes in all sorts of categories for the 2019 Best of Tavares awards. Hopefully, some of your favorites won, as well as some new places to check out. Find the winners in all the categories here.
- In October, downtown Mount Dora opened a new parking lot as part of its long-term plan to help alleviate its parking shortage. The new lot can accommodate 49 compact cars and is a stone's-throw from everyone's favorite downtown restaurants and shops. Read more
- It's a long and winding story, but the Mount Dora City Council placed any redevelopment of the Mount Dora Golf Association on hold until they have discussions and input from the association's members. According to the association's representatives, the course has seen an increase in the number of rounds of golf played and the course's condition has improved.
- Do you need 'buzz' for your business? Enlist Mount Dora Buzz as your strategic partner to write your digital content, including web pages, blogs, email newsletters, social media posts and more. Get more info
- Local elections in Mount Dora and Tavares are November 5. Don't forget to head to the polls. Mount Dora will also have several proposed charter amendments on the ballot for voters to approve or reject. You can review the amendments here.