- Although the vintage train service to Mount Dora recently ended, it may be temporary. Meetings among all the stakeholders are set to continue as they await results of a study to learn the financial feasibility and logistical details of resurrecting the train route and/or creating a trail.
- Parking garage, trains, bike trail or other capital improvements are costly propositions. How would you like to see Mount Dora spend its money? That's what Mount Dora Buzz is asking Mount Dora residents in a new survey. Give us your opinion and we'll share the results. Go to survey
- Lake Eustis Museum of Art (LEMA) announced it's relocating to Tavares and changing its name to Lake County Museum of Art. The grand opening and first exhibit is planned for July 1 at its new downtown location at 213 West Ruby Street.
- If you didn't get your fill of fresh local blueberries at Mount Dora Blueberry Festival, no worries. The local U-Pick farms will finish the season shortly, but you still have time to get pickin'. Get the link to Lake County's organic blueberry farmshere
- Local kids will will never have a dull moment this summer with the range of new summer camps offered in Mount Dora this year. There will be no boredom in the exciting week-long camps that range from kayaking, fishing, and first-responder activities. Parents are encouraged to sign up their kids quickly, as space is filling up fast. Get the details here
- AdventHealth Waterman is celebrating the grand opening of its new four-story tower. The first floor will house the new emergency department and the second floor has a 24-bed women and children's unit. Read more
Mount Dora Buzz is growing! We are currently seeking an energetic advertising account executive, as well as journalism and reporter interns. If you're creative, community-minded and passionate about your work, learn moreabout growing with us.
Want to know what's happening at City Hall? Check out Mount Dora Buzz' government page here
- A new lunch and dinner spot opened last month in Mount Dora. Unique Antiques & Eatsoffers classic lunch and dinner staples, daily specials, plus beer and wine. Read more
- The small, open-air cafe at Long & Scott Farm recently opened for the season. It will remain open for breakfast and lunch until June 1st. Read more Scroll down for stores news... Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Last month Mount Dora Buzz broke the news about the Mount Dora Marketplace going into the space formerly occupied by The Lost Parrot. More good news came when it was announced the marketplace would soon double its size and add more vendors after it buys a neighboring building later this month. The business in that location, Every Nook & Cranny, closed permanently on April 30. Read more