- It seems to be on the wish list of many residents and visitors of Mount Dora and Tavares. A bike and walking trail that would connect the two historic downtowns and beyond. Mount Dora Buzz asked Tavares City Administrator everything you need to know about the possible Tav-Dora Trail. Here's the top 10 things you need to know. Read more
- Summer is here and the snowbirds are long gone, so there's no time like the present for locals to reconnect and explore Mount Doraand its many offerings. After all, 'tis the season of short lines and plentiful parking. Discover fun and interesting spots throughout the area here.
- The City of Tavares got one step closer to becoming a performing arts destination. The proposed Tavares Performing Arts Centercould be a transformational project for the quality of life and economic development of the city, but it also has a price tag. Last month the City Council decided to let voters have the final say on the project when they cast their ballots in November. Read more - Performing arts aren't the only art form getting lots of attention in Tavares. Later this month, the new Lake County Museum of Art will open its doors with its first exhibit. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz' Facebook page and the entertainment calendar for more information.
- Don't blame the messenger. Mount Dora Food Trucks have enjoyed a long run downtown, but last month it came to the end of the road, at least for now. If a food truck event returns to the area in the future, Mount Dora Buzz will be sure to let you know. - Parking garage, vintage train and a bike trail are hot local topics in Mount Dora. Everyone seems to have an opinion, so just how would residents like to see Mount Dora spend its money? The Buzz got those answers in a recent survey and here they are.
- Since a parking garage and a bike trail were top on people's wish list, it was the right time to provide updates to downtown parking (get update) and the two possible bike trail sections, the Tav-Dora Trail and the Sorrento- Mount Dora corridor. Get update
Want to know what's happening at City Hall? Check out Mount Dora Buzz' government page here Scroll down for all the restaurant and store news.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- There is much to be excited about in Mount Dora. A Mount Dora native is opening a new Southern barbecue joint, Acme Rib Shack, in one of Mount Dora's iconic locations. The new business is served up with an interesting back story. Read more.
- Recently, one of Mount Dora's established restaurants was sold. The Frog & Monkey, the English pub in the basement of the Renaissance Building, has new owners. We wish Susy, the pub's co-owner since 2008, and her family the best of luck in her next chapter.
- You may have noticed some recent changes in uptown Mount Dora. A new casual restaurant is opening across from Mermaid Juice & Jeremiah's. Fifth Avenue Streatery is expected to start serving customers by the end of July. Read more
- Here's some good news and bad news. The good news is that a planned expansion of the drive-through lanes at Mount Dora's Chick-Fil -A will hopefully reduce the traffic tie-ups near Target. The bads news for fast food lovers is that it will be done along with other improvements which will require the location to close temporarily. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for updates.
If you know of a new restaurant preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis. please let Mount Dora Buzz know.
Scroll down for news about new stores... Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Summer is the season for refreshing treats and this summer local residents will have some new options to stay cool and satisfy their sweettooth. Mount Dora is getting a new ice cream shopwith a trendy twist. It's unique offerings should satisfy the adventurous and traditionalists alike. Read more
Just down the road in Eustis, a new frozen yogurt and bubble tea shop is opening. You Can't Top This has a fun atmosphere and should be open later this month. Read more
If you know of a new store preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis, please let Mount Dora Buzz know.