- This month Steampunk fantasies will be on display again during Mount Dora's Steampunk & Industrial Show. This semi-annual event brings together throngs of steampunk enthusiasts and curious onlookers to enjoy live music, vintage vendors and more at Renningers Antique Center. Read more
- Good news for nature lovers. In a few months the middle section of Palm Island Park Boardwalk next to Mount Dora's lighthouse, will be replaced like the other portions a couple of years ago. Once started, the improvements should take six to 9 weeks to complete.
- As we usher in 2017, take a look at the Best of 2016 for Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis. The year's highlights ranged from new restaurants and events to bike trails, kind deeds and movie theaters. See Best of 2016 list
- There is still time to enjoy Mount Dora's holiday lights. The city's display in Donnelly Park is scheduled to remain up until after Mount Dora Art Festival the first weekend in February. There is also still time to see the winning store windows of the Annual Holiday WIndow Competition.
- Ever wonder about Mount Dora Yacht Club and its boats? The club, the oldest inland yacht club in Florida, is anchored in local history. Read more
- Something truly special happened last month. The iconic historic church at the entrance to Mount Dora, Mount Zion Primitive Baptist Church, held its first service in over a decade. The holiday service happened with the help of the community. Read more
- Trying to stay on top of all the local events? There's an app for that! Download the complimentary mobile app for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis and get the events and news with just a tap of your finger. Download app here
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Vitality Bistro, known for its healthy and innovative raw food menu, closed after four and a half years in downtown Mount Dora. We wish them the best in their new endeavors. Meanwhile, raw food enthusiasts can still satisfy their healthy food cravings at Living Green Cafe in Eustis. Read more
- Premium sushi lovers no longer have to make the trek to Lake Mary to satisfy their cravings. Momiji Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar in Sorrento is getting well-deserved rave reviews. Read more
- A new diner opened in Mount Dora. Dora Cafe serves breakfast until 2pm and lunch from 11 am-2pm. Read more
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- It's a good sign when a colony grows. That's exactly what's happening to Mount Dora's artist colony. 6th Avenue Studiosrecently opened and brought nine additional artists into downtown Mount Dora. Read more
- It was a sad day in December when it was announced that Barrel of Books and Games would be closing in a matter of months. The decision was made so the hardworking owner could retire from retail. Currently, a handful of customers are interested in buying the popular store. The owner, Crissy Stile, has been a pillar of the downtown community and will be missed immensely. For the forseeable future, the store will remain open as usual.
- After the departure of Abigail Adams Antiques and Fine Art last month, the charming historic building on Donnelly Street is available for lease again.
. The renovated building was previously home to The Painter's Daughter boutique.
- Stay up to date on local news and events in the area with the convenient local mobile app. Download it here.
For events in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, click here