- - The German discount grocery store Aldi confirmed its Eustis opening on US 441 is still scheduled for this winter, but the corporate office can't provide hiring dates or an opening month just yet. Stay tuned.
- Grab the kids! This Friday is Christmas Walk, a festive street party, in downtown Mount Dora. Of course Santa will be there and fireworks will light up the sky. Fun starts at 6 p.m. Read more with free sledding and ice skating for kids downtown. It's also a great way to donate food and toys for those less fortunate in our area. You can get the complete
. History buffs are finally getting their chance to tour the historical landmark, Sydonie Mansion. The impressive estate on the National Register of Historic Places will be decked out for the holidays and available for tours for 8 days this month beginning December 1.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will be touring Mount Dora neighborhoods with the help of Mount Dora's fire and police departments on Dec. 13-15. Due to time, they can't tour all neighborhoods, but residents can take the kids to one of the areas on the schedule. Read more
- The charming historic church at the southern entrance to Mount Dora is finally getting some much-needed attention. Preservation efforts are underway at Mount Zion Primitive Baptist Churchand later this month, the church will have its first service in years. Read more
- In case you missed it last month, Mount Dora enjoyed its fifteen minutes of fame on the Travel Channel. Downtown's Adora Inn competed in"Hotel Impossible Showdown," which pits small hoteliers in a $25,000 competition, and Mount Dorans took home the prize. Read more
- Get ready to work off the season's over- indulgences at the 5th annual Mount Dora Half Marathon and 5k. Runners and walkers will be descending on downtwn Mount Dora December 18. Read more
- Trying to stay on top of all the local holiday events? The complimentary Mount Dora Buzz mobile app for both iPhones and Android devices gives you the calendar of events and news with the touch of a finger. Download app here - Ever wondered what it takes for the city of Mount Dora to pull off its Light Up event every year? It takes six weeks, lots of man- hours and plenty of patience. Mount Dora Marina spends a tremendous amount of time and resources delighting onlookers every year. Read more
- Local artists are encouraging shoppers to discover one-of-a-kind gifts at Mount Dora's Art Splash on Dec. 9 on the sidewalks of downtown. The free event happens the second Friday of every month. Artists and performers can get their free permit from Mount Dora Center for the Arts. Read more Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- A new coffee spot, Wild Bear Coffee, opened at 122 E. Alfred Street in downtown Tavares. The small space specializes in craft coffee and roasts the beans in-house. - Something great just got better! Mount Dora Brewing on Highland Street recently expanded and made some upgrades. Next time you're there give the fresh salmon salad a try. Delish! The addition also provides space to host a wine pairing dinner on Dec. 7 with wines from Coppola winery.
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- The German discount grocery store Aldi confirmed its Eustis opening on US 441 is still scheduled for this winter, but the corporate office can't provide hiring dates or an opening month just yet. Stay tuned.
- Holidays are around the corner, so here's some tips to help shop locally. Watch "Shop Mount Dora" on Facebook for specials, flash sales and fabulous finds. You can also refer to the local shopping guide on the Mount Dora Buzz mobile app
- If you haven't had a chance yet, take a peek at downtown Mount Dora's store windows that are decked out for the holidays. After judging is complete, Mount Dora Buzz will announce the winners of the Holiday Window Contest on Facebook.
For events in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, click here