- Although Epic Theatres' postponed opening in Mount Dora (read more) may have frustrated some, there is other good movie news! This year Mount Dora will play host to the 13th annual Central Florida Film Festival. Yes, that's kind of a big deal! (read more)
- It's a short but sweet season. The local blueberry season is expected to run through the end of May. You can load up on the healthy treat at any of the local u-pick blueberry farms. Read more
- Want to stay out of trouble? Don't forget Mother's Day is May 13. To make your life easy, we created a cheat sheet with the top 8 tips for Mother's Day in Mount Dora.Read more - There's a big fiesta in Tavares this weekend. This city is having its first Cinco de Mayo street party on May 5. The festivities will be held on Ruby Street and New Hampshire Avenue beginning at 5 p.m. - In case you missed it, Mount Dora's Starry Night house reached the national media last week with a segment on NBC's Today Show. Didn't see it? You can see correspondent Kerry Sanders' video and article here.
- Shout-out to Mount Dora Police Department for showing the kindness and humor to help one local teen create a clever and memorable prom invitation last month. Well done! Read more
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "Devil in the Grove," Gilbert King, is coming to Mount Dora to discuss his new book at Mount Dora Community Building on May 6. Read more. For more events in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, check out the entertainment calendar here.
- If you want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall and our schools, you can scroll for updates on our "Government" page . Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- A new casual Italian restaurant, Rosati's Pizza Pub opened in mid-April and offers Chicago-style pizzas and other favorites. The restaurant is still in the soft-opening stage, so diners should be patient if they experience any bumps in its operation. Read more
- Tavares diners will soon have another option added to their choices. Havana 1959 will serve traditional Cuban fare at 1080 E. Alfred Street. The restaurant is scheduled to open in two weeks.
- Another coffee shop opened in a familiar spot in downtown Mount Dora. Cafe Aromawill offer hot coffee and teas, along with muffins, croissants, cookies and other treats that typically accompany coffee. Read more
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
- There is big news for shoppers that travel to Apopka and beyond looking for authentic Hispanic ingredients. Bravo Supermarkets has selected a Mount Dora location to fill that need. Read more - A new sweet shop is coming to downtown Mount Dora. Allyson A Bakeshop is expected to open its first storefront in the former space of Cupcake Delights in June. Read more
- A new store, Black Swan Mercantile, will soon open in the Renaissance Building in the former home of Amy Sellers Gallery. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz' Facebook page for details and opening date.
For more local news and events, sign up for the free monthly issue of Mount Dora Buzz hereand follow Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook. Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018