- The warm weather is here and plenty of folks like to cool off with refreshing libations. 'The Buzz' scoured the area to find the "Best Local Happy Hours." It was a tough job, but worth the sacrifice for Buzz readers. Read more
- One of the area's largest indoor fitness facilities, Gold's Gym is changing their name this month. Although ownership will remain the same, the Mount Dora gym, along with four other Central Florida locations, will be re-branded as Fitness CF. Read more - The City of Mount Dora is actively pursuing various long and short term remedies to downtown's parking shortage. In April, electric shuttles and a 5-level, 2-block long parking structure (4 levels of parking with the top level for lawn bowling) were proposed for downtown. Read more - Movies have returned to Mount Dora's downtown waterfront. The free movies under the stars will be once a month at Evans Park. The movies provide adults an evening out and are in addition to the monthly family movies at Donnelly Park. Read more
- Mount Dorans annoyed by unwanted publications building up in their driveways now have a remedy. The publications must include an 'unsubscribe' phone number for residents, business owners and tenants to call in order to stop receiving them on their property. Read more
- Want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall? Get brief and informative city council updates on all the most relevant topics here.
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Carb lovers rejoice! Panera Bread, the national bakery and cafe chain, announced the opening date of its Eustis location this month. The restaurant is located across from Target, near The Vitamin Shoppe. Read more
- Sidelines, a Mount Dora restaurant, underwent a major transformation when Bar Rescue reality show paid a visit last month. The result includes a new name, Lake House, and a transformed interior. Read more
- Mount Dora lost a tiny gem last month. Norm's Palette, the wine bar known for its friendly atmosphere and creative vibe, closed in April. There is a lot of interest in the Baker Street space, so a new tenant is expected relatively quickly.
- Mount Dora may be a step closer to lake- front dining as a result of the vision of Edna & Luis Gonzalez, local residents and owners of Las Palms Cuban Restaurant. Read more - Discovering the area's restaurants is now a lot easier. Check out the local dining guide with restaurants in Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis to learn what options you may have missed. You might find a new favorite! Read more
- Naples Soap Company, a Florida-based retail chain, selected downtown Mount Dora as its 12th location and will open June 5 in the old Painter's Daughter building at 331 N. Donnelly Street. Read more
- The new owners of The Wine Den are changing its name to The Cellar Door to help people become aware of the wine bar's transition and its friendly new atmosphere.
- Want to support local stores, but don't know where to start? The local guide to shopping will help you find what you need. You can also find the guide on the Mount Dora Buzz' complimentary mobile app. Download it here.
For a the calendar of events for Mount Dora, Tavares & Eustis, click here