- One of the best things about November is pumpkin-flavored everything. From muffins, ice cream and lattes to soups, beer and cupcakes, this flavor reigns supreme this season. Here's a list of the top local picks for all things pumpkin. Read more - The holiday season is approaching and so are the area's many festive events. Stay on top of what's happening with the complimentary Mount Dora Buzz mobile app for both iPhones and Android devices. The area's calendar of events and news can be in your back pocket for easy access! Download app here - Eustis is introducing a new food truck event on Nov. 12. Eustis Food Truck Rally will feature 10 trucks including Cafe Rouge at the newly renovated Triangle Center. Trucks will be serving from 5 to 9 pm. at 353 Plaza Drive on U.S. 441 at 19A where Eustis, Tavares and Mount Dora intersect. - For anyone looking for a fun Saturday drive, make the short scenic trip to Yalaha Bootleg Company. What was once only available in a speak-easy is now distilled legally on a blueberry farm. Read more - One evening a month Mount Dora now invites artists and performers to its downtown sidewalks Art Splash happens the second Friday of every month. Artists and performers need to get their free permit in advance. Read more Mount Dora's Annual Plant and Garden Fair will move to a new downtown location. This year the event's site is Donnelly Park on Nov. 12 and 13. - Mount Dora's most anticipated charity and cultural event of the year is just around the corner. Art of the Deal is set for Nov. 5 with an innovative theme, "Creativity Leads to Invention." Read more
Clean out your coat closet this month to help "Keep Lake Warm", a jacket drive benefiting clients of Lake Cares Food Pantry. Residents are encouraged to take their clean, gently worn jackets and hoodies to the pantry at 2001 Old Hwy 441 in Mount Dora. This is the perfect project for families, schools, scouts, workplaces and churches. After your long Thanksgiving nap, be sure to wake up in time for Light Up Mount Dora on Saturday, November 26th. There will be entertainment and stores will be open late to kick off holiday shopping. Check the Mount Dora Buzz calendar or mobile app for details as they become available. Renningers Twin Markets will play host to the world record attempt of the 'Largest Potluck Ever' which needs the community's support to prepare almost 1600 potluck dishes to break the record. Attendees can make cash donations to Lake Cares Food Pantry. Read more Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- A healthy new lunch option opened in Eustis. Living Green Cafe serves up healthy, fresh wraps, salads and entrees including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free items. Try the chicken Asian lettuce wraps and a green smoothie! Yum! Read more
- A new restaurant is scheduled to open by mid-November on Donnelly Street in the former home of PIzzAmore. Rockin Cafe on Donnelly will have a much different menu and interior than its predecessor. Read more - In two short years, Mount Dora's English pub, Magical Meat Boutique, has developed a large following in its small space. The menu offers everything from traditional British fare to some of England's common ethnic dishes. Read more
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
- Holidays are around the corner, so here's some tips to help shop locally. Watch "Shop Mount Dora" on Facebook for specials, flash sales and fabulous finds. You can also refer to the local shopping guide on the Mount Dora Buzz mobile appfor gift ideas and store locations.
- The annualMount Dora Holiday Window Contest kicks off after Thanksgiving. The festive store displays will be judged in two categories: Most Creative Display and Most Whimsical Display. The winners will be announced on Dec. 10.
Subscribe to free monthly issues of Mount Dora Buzz here.