- As part of its effort to help alleviate downtown parking woes, the City of Mount Dora has begun a 4-hour parking limit on select streets in downtown Mount Dora. Unlimited parking is still available in other downtown areas. Read more
- By far the best news this month is that Epic Theatres is scheduled to open its doors in Mount Dora this month! The $10 million project tucked off U.S. 441 will be a 12-screen multiplex. Read more
- Although local families have lost Mount Dora's monthly "Movie in the Park"(read more), they have regained another entertainment option with the re-opening of Adventure Cove, the area's only miniature golf course. Read more
- If everything goes as planned, downtown Eustis will soon be getting a new waterfront development. Lake Eustis Club will offer single-family homes on 11.5 acres adjacent to Ferran Park. Read more
Great news for commuters to Orlando. The Wekiva Parkway (SR 429 extension) just opened the Round Lake Road on-ramp. This will cut down the travel time into the Orlando metropolitan area Read more
- In other real estate news, one of downtown Mount Dora's larger buildings recently sold to local developers. The Sunset Building on Baker Street will be undergoing renovations that are expected to be completed this summer. Read more
- In an effort to make the downtown Mount Dora experience more convenient for residents and visitors, the City will begin offering shuttles from designated parking lots outside the downtown. The electric shuttles are scheduled to start April 5. Read more - Although it's not a done deal, USPS has zeroed in on a bigger location to replace its current cramped Donnelly Street address in downtown Mount Dora. The post office has occupied the building for fifty years and has outgrown the site. Read more
- For anyone brave enough for carnival rides, Lake County Fair kicks off on April 5 and continues until April 14. The fair also features live entertainment and livestock shows and sales. For more local events in Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, click here.
- The wheels in the Starry Night mural case are churning forward. In March, a federal judge granted the homeowners a preliminary injunction against the City of Mount Dora to prevent enforcement and accrual of more fines until the court rules further. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for updates on the case.
- Get the monthly Mount Dora Buzz delivered to your email inbox the beginning of every month. Subscribe for free here.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- At long last, Tavares' new fast-casual eatery "Burgers Tacos Waffles" (BTW) will be dishing out its inspired food and the menu is enough to make foodies drool. Read more
- Sadly, The Pineapple Place in downtown Mount Dora closed its doors in March.The restaurant on Alexander Street opened just one year ago.
- Watch for a new cafe in downtown Mount Dora. Cafe Aroma will open on 5th Avenue in the former space of The Coffee Branch.
- Wondering where to eat locally or where to find the best live music? Check on the Local Dining Guide and Live Music Guide here. Check back every month as it grows.
Scroll down for store news...
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
- A happy retirement is in store for Amy Sellers who decided to close her downtown Mount Dora gallery and store to focus on her farm life. Stay turned to what fills the space on Donnelly Street.
- Tucked into a difficult location, the Green Apple Marketplace, the small convenience store located in the back of the Renaissance Building, also planned to close at the end of March.
- Looking to shop for something locally? Depend on the Local Shopping Guide to help discover local stores and unique merchandise.