- As Mount Dora continues to live up to its reputation as "the best little Christmas town in Florida," there are plenty of festive holiday events still on the calendar. Here's a guide to all the Holiday events you won't want to miss.
- It's Eustis' and Tavares' turn! Readers cast their ballots in the Best of Eustis and the Best of Tavares awards in categories ranging from best bars, burgers, school and more. Here's the list of winners.
- As of this issue's publication date, the City of Mount Dora still doesn't have a re-opening week for the new playground at Gilbert Park. Steady progress has been made, so stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for the announcement of the opening details.
- Looking for Santa? Mount Dora Police Department is hosting its annual Northeast Community Christmas Party for kids on December 15 at the Martin Luther King Center. Check the calendar or Holiday Event Guide for details.
- Mount Dora's newest city council person, Crissy Stile, was sworn in at their November 27 meeting. Stile is a resident of the Lake Gertrude area and owner of Barrel of Books & Games in downtown. As an at-large council person, she will represent the entire city, rather than a single district.
- Every season local bars have a different definition to "holiday spirit." This season is no different with their line up of creative holiday cocktails. Mount Dora Buzz had the difficult job of finding the local festive libations to help celebrate the season. Read more - A picture may say a thousand words, but Mount Dora Buzz' YouTube channel says even more with its short videos. As the channel grows, topics will range from local events, interviews and more. You can subscribe here. Amateur videographers are always welcome to submit their short videos, so start shooting!
- If you want to know what's happening at Mount Dora City Hall and our schools, head to the Mount Dora Buzz "Government" page for updates.
- Need more local info? Check the local bulletin board on Facebook when looking for recommendations, lost and found pets, employment opportunities, yard sales and more.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018 Scroll down for all the restaurant and store news.
- Unlike most issues, this one doesn't bring a lot of good dining news. We hope next month we'll have more of the usual good news to report. - As 'The Buzz' reported in recent weeks, Mount Dora lost two downtown restaurants in November. Cecile's Corner, a longstanding French bistro, closed its doors, followed by Rockin' Cafe on Donnelly Street. Stay tuned for updates on any new businesses to open in those locations.
- Downtown Mount Dora rumors are a dime a dozen and most turn out to be false. However, one was confirmed in November when it was announced that Norman Van Aken parted ways with his namesake Mount Dora restaurant. The celebrity chef will continue to operate his Orlando and Miami restaurants. Read more
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
- Downtown Mount Dora stores are all decked out for the holidays. After enjoying downtown's impressive lights, take a look at the seasonal window displays the shop owners have created. You'll also get ideas for all the unique gifts available downtown. Mount Dora Buzz will soon announce the winning stores of the annual Holiday WIndow Contest. Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018
- Downtown Mount Dora store are all decked out for the holidays. After enjoying downtown's impressive lights, take a look at the seasonal window displays the shop owners have created. You'll also get ideas for all the unique gifts available downtown. Mount Dora Buzz will soon announce the winning stores of the annual Holiday WIndow Contest. Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2018,