- After a lengthy investigation, Mount Dora‘s police chief was fired. An independent investigator’s report cited numerous issues of concern at the department. Here are the key findings.
- It's the time of year when residents of Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis get more than their fair share of parties. Instead of the three cities celebrating our nation's independence on the same day, the cities spread the festivities over three days. So, grab your lawn chairs and take in three awesome lakefront celebrations and fireworks shows beginning with Mount Dora's on July 3 (get details), followed by Tavares on July 4 (get details) and last, but not least, Eustis' celebration on July 5 (get details). With so many opportunities to watch the skies light up, you may be wondering where the best spots are to view the fireworks. Mount Dora Buzz has you covered. We've got the top 10 local spots to watch the shows on all three nights. Read more
- It's finally happening. Mount Dora Post Office is relocating and will officially open in its new location on July 8. The larger facility is expected to improve the post office's efficiency and handle the community's continued growth. Read more
- After twenty years, Mount Dora's Museum of Speed, a local attraction on Highland Street, reached the end of the road. The small museum, which housed classic and exotic cars, as well as vintage memorabilia, permanently closed last month. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz to learn about the new business moving into the location in the coming months.
- Mount Dora campaigns for mayor and city council will soon begin again. If you're interested in serving your community and helping to make decisions about the city's future, here's the top 8 things to know about running for office in Mount Dora, including the deadlines and simple requirements. Read more
Want to know what's happening at City Hall? Check out Mount Dora Buzz' government page here Scroll down for all the restaurant and store news.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Zellie's Pub was a landmark neighborhood bar for decades. For years its outdoor volleyball court and friendly bar made it a favorite watering hole for many locals. New ownership of the aging bar recently gave it a major interior transformation along with a new menu and name, Tilted Grill and Bar. Read more
- A new lunch and dinner spot opened in downtown Tavares last month. Courthouse Subs & Pub, located across from the Lake County Courthouse, has a familiar owner with a track record of successful restaurants in the Golden Triangle area. Read more
- A new seafood restaurant is expected to open this month in downtown Eustis. C.J.'s Seafood Company will be a casual restaurant in the former space of Magnolia Cafe and Olivia's Coffee House on the corner of Bay Street and Magnolia. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz's Facebook page for an opening date when it's announced.
If you know of a new restaurant preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis. please let Mount Dora Buzz know.
Scroll down for news about new stores...
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- Summer is the time everyone is hoping to cool off. Good air-conditioning and refreshing drinks are usually a great start. We combed the area to find the top healthy smoothie spots in Lake County to bring down your temperature. Read more
- Work is continuing on Mount Dora Marketplace. In July, the exterior of the second building was painted and now interior and more exterior work begins. Watch for an opening date in late summer.
If you know of a new store preparing to open in Mount Dora, Tavares or Eustis, please let Mount Dora Buzz know.