- In case you missed last month's news, downtown has a wonderful new addition. Mount Dora Village Market relocated into the heart of downtown in Sunset Park. Their new home benefits the market, shoppers and merchants alike. Most recently there were approximately twenty vendors. Read more
- Berry lovers still have time to take advantage of the local strawberry season. Oak Haven Farm, the nearby U-pick farm in Sorrento, anticipates this year's season to last until mid-March or even early April. If you go, be sure to indulge in a fresh strawberry shake. You can thank us later! Read more - Improvements are scheduled to begin later this month on the middle section of Palm Island Boardwalk on Mount Dora's waterfront. The improvements will bring that section to the same high standard as the sections improved a few years ago. For interesting, quick updates from the city council, click here - This month brings some favorite events to the area. First the Central Florida Dragon Boat Festival hits the shores of Tavares' Wooton Park. The kids won't want to miss the professional Chinese Acrobats that perform under the tent. Read more - Later in the month is the Vintage RV and Glamping Show at Renningers Antique Center in Mount Dora. If camping isn't glamorous enough for you, check out the Sunnyland Antique and Classic Boat Festival at Wooton Park in Tavares. It's always a stunning show. Read more - Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis now have a complimentary mobile app to keep you updated on local news, entertainment and events. Access tons of great information with just a swipe of your finger! It's available for both iPhones and Android devices. Download it here. - The last big street festival of the season takes place later this month. Mount Dora Spring Fest will feature an estimated 300 vendors on March 18 & 19. Read more No worries, there are still upcoming waterfront festivals in Evans park including Mount Dora Blueberry Festival in April and the Seafood Festival in August. - If you know designers or aspiring artists of any age, encourage them to enter Mount Dora's flag design contest to provide the city with its own unique flag to fly. The deadline for entries in March 17 and there is no age requirement. Read more
Scroll down for all the new restaurant and store news.
- Among other recent high-profile openings in Eustis, Starbucks opened its first location in the city last week. The new location features a convenient drive-thru for coffee on the run. Read more - Watch for The Pineapple Place, a new restaurant in the former space of Chef's Pantry, to open later this month on Alexander Street in Mount Dora. The menu will focus on quality American fare. For those who love shooting pool, you'll now have a spot downtown to rack 'em up. Read more
- Another new restaurant is opening soon in downtown Mount Dora. Wave Asian Bistro & Sushi is making steady progress in its build-out in the former space of Vitality Bistro on 3rd Avenue and Baker Street. Watch for their opening on Mount Dora Buzz' Facebook page.
- The newest shopping center in Sorrento has opened new dining options and attracting regular customers from Mount Dora and the surrounding areas. The latest to open was New York Cafe. Read more
- Foodies will have to wait a little longer for BTW to open in Tavares. The downtown eatery will feature gourmet burgers, tacos and waffles and will have the same owners as neighboring Bru Tap House. Stay tuned for an opening date later this Spring.
- Can't decide where to eat out this weekend? No worries, just check out the local dining guide to help make your decision. Read more
Get this month's events for Mount Dora, Tavares and Eustis, here.