- Fall is here and that means the start of the area's event season. Mark your calendars with the Best Fall Events in Lake County with the help of this handy list with descriptions. View list
Discover more things in Mount Dora on the Explore Mount Dora Facebook page, a must-see for all the upcoming holiday festivities.
- Mount Dora has some exciting entertainment news. A new event and concert venue just west of downtown opened in September. Mount Dora PlazaLive is a fully renovated facility that's already scheduled a diverse lineup of entertainment this fall. Read more
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and there are many fun, inspiring and helpful ways to show your support, ranging from a Pink Out 5k in Tavares, flocks of pink flamingos and BraVo!, a fun fundraiser in Mount Dora that raises money for free or low-cost mammograms.
- One of the biggest annual events in Mount Dora takes place at the end of October. Mount Dora Craft Fair was recently ranked #4 in the list of best craft fairs in the U.S. It's definitely worth a trip to downtown Mount Dora. More info
- Be sure to cast your ballot for the Best of Tavares awards. Categories include best restaurants, bars, music, events and more. Get your ballot here. Winners will be announced in the November update of Mount Dora Buzz.
- Some stellar entertainment is on Mount Dora's horizon. Mark your calendars for Art of the Deal. This year's festive gala benefiting Mount Dora Center for the Arts is just around the corner and promises to be better than ever in its new location. Read more
- October means it's time for all things pumpkin, from muffins and cookies to martinis, lattes and ice cream. Get the list of the best local pumpkin patcheshere. Then watch Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for a list of the best local pumpkin edibles and drinkables. Feel free to email us your nominations.
- In case you didn't catch Mount Dora Buzz's reporting last month, Lake County's own Wolf Branch Brewing announced it would be opening its second location in Mount Dora. Its original location in downtown Eustis will remain open. Read more - Watch out for bicycles on city streets and backroads as Mount Dora Bicycle Festival comes to town the first weekend in October. Cars should safely share the road by staying at least three feet from bikes. Cyclists are required to obey the same traffic laws and street signs as cars.
Want to know what's happening at City Hall? Check out Mount Dora Buzz' government pagehere Scroll down for all the restaurant and store news.
Copyright Mount Dora Buzz 2019
- We are sad to report the closing of 1884 Restaurant and Bar in downtown Eustis. The large and historic space closed its doors near the end of September. Stay tuned to Mount Dora Buzz on Facebook for an update of what business fills the space.
- Fast food lovers have been tearful ever since Mount Dora's Chick-fil-A temporarily closed for renovations. The end result should make chicken lovers (and anyone that's been snarled in its traffic jams) very happy. Read more
In September, a woman was trying to track down a mystery teen that helped her and impressed her with his kindness. Mount Dora Buzz stepped up to help locate the impressive young man and this shout-out goes to him, the amazing Román Newkirk of Mount Dora High School. This "good news" story is one of our very favorites because it inspires, promotes the best messages and is worth repeating. Román not only made his mom proud, but also his community. Read moreIf you know of someone's unsung and unexpected kindness, please email Mount Dora Buzz and tell us all about it.